Friday, November 11, 2011

The Trip That I Missed

Loi Krathong

Yesterday (or last night, more specifically) was the day Thailand celebrated Loi Krathong. I have been eyeing for this date since the beginning of the year, and there's not better place to catch it than Chiang Mai, a historical city at the north of Thailand.

Chiang Mai has also been all over the travel magazines, as one of the nicest city to travel to. Temples are in abundance, there's elephant sanctuary, and the older part of the city itself is surrounded with ancient wall and moat. But if you think this sound chaotic already, Chiang Mai is actually surrounded by mountains and lush countryside, and at an elevation that gives it a cool ambience. It didn't get the nick "Rose of the North" for nothing.

So I thought Loi Krathong and Chiang Mai can be a killer combination for a good travel. Getting all psyched about it, I found a few friends who are interested to go.

We waited anxiously for Air Asia (or any airline) to give a good fare deal.

It didn't. The cheapest ticket we could find suitable to that date of event was around RM550, and mind you that has not include meals, lodging and everything else. Damn you Air Asia!

So one by one pulled out.

It's frustrating really, but I don't blame anyone. Perhaps next time, when I feel I want to go there badly, simply I can do it by myself.

3 comments:

ShawnSharif said...

Wah.

Aku only tau abt Loi Kratong the song that we've been playing all this while... Next time aku nak jalan2 baik aku aim to go to some sort of festivals like this will definitely add the start points to the vacation =)

Paksu said...

Shawn, kan? Aku tau sebab baca magazine Lonely Planet hehehe... Weih aku tak tau pun ko gi New Zealand! Bila masa?

ShawnSharif said...

Yeah la aku yg cool ini.

MInggu ke-3 raya :)

Cantik yg amat! Orang dia pun x curiga dgn tudung aku... kinda refreshing =)

Tinggal aku x hangkut balik org Kiwi ke sini je =(