Sunday, January 15, 2012

If All Else Fails

Those who have been following my blog (anyone?... helloo... loo... loo...) would probably know that I love traveling. If I have the money, I'd probably have covered most of my dream destinations already. But yeah, money doesn't grow on trees and I'm not married to any anak Datok (or to anyone for that matter haha) and I don't play lotteries, let alone winning any. Cepat laa anak Datok pinang aku...

So I feel kinda sad when one by one is pulling out of the Japan trip this year (oops I haven't told you that four of my friends and I are planning for Japan), but I'm far from blaming them because their reasons are all valid. I too, wanted to pull out at first due to financial issues. But then, I thought:

1. Am I ready to burn the ticket?
2. All my efforts, time, money (on books, new jacket hehehe) wouldn't it go wasted?

Then I also thought:

3. How much I wanna do a solo trip. Only that previously I want to start small, like to Thailand or Indonesia (or maybe even Sabah).

Then I thought again (sheessh that's a lot of thinking... but true, I did A LOT of thinking), after considering all the reasons above, why don't I just go to Japan alone? Crazy thought, huh? Being alone in a foreign land where virtually nobody speaks English and Halal food is scarce, not to mention Yakuza, earthquake, volcanoes... Bbrrr...

But hey, I have been to Japan before on a business trip and there were days I wandered the busy Tokyo alone. True enough; I got lost, I got hungry from having nothing to eat, I got tired from language barriers. But after it was over I thought, hey I survived... and I realized I wanna do it again. It's like when you're on a roller-coaster and as it flips you 360 degrees you cry to yourself for the self-torturing. But after it's over, you wanna do it again.

It's called adrenaline rush. Kan?

So yeah, if all else fails, I'm gonna do Japan by myself. The uncertainty of it actually excites me. My heart is already pounding in excitement now as I'm typing. This time, I'm gonna be prepared.

Kooun wo inorimas to me (that's good luck).

5 comments:

munchkin said...

Hmmm.. Japan...? Alone..?

Hmmm.

I personally hate traveling alone. You see, I love to observe life and make comments about stuff. When I travel alone, I cant share those comments.

Plus, I hate eating alone too.

And Japan...?

Err.. I'd rather go to South Korea ;)

But still.. have fun ok? Don't forget to send me a postcard!

:)

Makcu said...

kelassss ko paksuuu... jepunn.. moshi2 hait!!...
nak sorbenir ekk... hehehhehe

*jln gan kwn2laa best,lagi mantop, lagi geraann bangatt!

Makcu said...

owh gambr jepun paksu 2007, sy ade cilok gambar cwan setarbak tu..sy rase sgt terbaek, mase stat blaja nak amik gambr, sy tekad nak amik gambr mcm tu.. waaaaahh gitu kann... hehhehe

Paksu said...

Hey Munchkin!
Yeah, I know how much you hate being alone. That's why you have your teddy bear with you all the time hehehe... I'll send you postcards definitely, I love the ones I got from you! Love you babe!

Makcu,
Huuu cawan starbucks tu? Masa tu pakai kamera point-and-shoot lagi huhuhu... malu la ai! Gambar makcu konfem lagi gempaks yaw! Arigato moshi2 haiit!!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.