Saturday, September 29, 2012

My 2-Cents On Bajet 2013

I happened to be listening to Bajet 2013 that was presented by DR Najib Tun Razak yesterday. This is after years of not listening - and yesterday's presentation was only a reminder on why I never bothered.

But still, just to humour myself, I listened.

I'm happy that a number of group will be enjoying a lot of incentives. Government employees will be 1.5 months bonus. Soldiers and army officers who are still in service will be receiving an RM1000 incentive. I heard that fishermen and agriculture workers are getting something too. Really, I'm happy for them. But for me, despite paying a huge amount of tax every month (and working at Government's piggy bank), there's no direct incentive that any private sector employee like myself will be receiving (perhaps the ruling government sees no future in trying to lure the private workers?), and thus;

Instead of this:
  • Reduce overall house price that can be enjoyed by everyone
  • Reduce car import tax for the benefit of everyone
  • Improve public transport to promote better daily commuting, which eventually reduce number of vehicle on the road and consequently cleaner environment
  • Reduce toll tariff for the benefit of everyone
  • Offer a PTPTN discount to everyone within a sensible payback timeframe
  • Offer a solution to reduce National Debt
He does this:
  • Introduce housing scheme which benefit only to some people
  • Remained silent on car tax
  • Remained silent on public transport
  • Remained silent on toll tariff
  • Offered a PTPTN discount that has to be settled within one year (a seriously difficult thing for huge loan)
  • Remained silent on reducing National Debt
So yeah, "Nobody Is Left Out" is a pretty huge bullshit. And there's no 'wow-factor' either.

You may say, "Oh stop complaning!" or "Kau ni tak bersyukur lah!". But of course I must complain. I don't need to remind you again that I pay a hefty amount of tax every month. Just like you're pissed when you bring home a faulty item from a supermarket, I too am pissed for not getting what I paid for.

And worst of all, in budget presentation that is meant to share with the Rakyat on how Rakyat's tax-money will be spent, DS Najib shamelessly use it as a campaign means. Dato, the least you can do is be neutral for the sake of the pro-opposition who also pays tax. I'm guessing he has forgotten that Rakyat also constitute pro-opposition.

In other words, private sector workers who's pro-opposition who still  obligingly pays tax, practically paid his BN campaign? But then, that's hardly surprising.

1 comment:

ShawnSharif said...

I hear u!! weird eh we are the ones feeling marginalized now -_-