Monday, October 24, 2016

Langkawi Trip Day 1

It seems like for the past few years, I have the inclination to go travelling on the month of October or November (Tragedi Oktober?). And this year the trend continued :)

So this year, my friend and I went to Langkawi – The Jewel of Kedah.

Since our travel arrangement was on the eleventh hour, we couldn’t find an affordable flight ticket. After much deliberation, we took the bus to Kuala Perlis and then a ferry to the island. That way, we only had to spend about rm 70. And we were lucky to find a good deal with MAS for our flight back to KL. In your face, Air Asia.

Anyways. we arrived in Kuala Perlis on early Friday morning. After filling up our tummy, we took the 7:45am ferry. The ferry was filled with cam-wh*re makciks who take selfie every 10 seconds.

Ferry To Langkawi
As the journey was uneventful, I slept probably 80% of the time...

...But all the dullness changed the moment we stepped our foot on Langkawi Island! *stripped to our underwear and ran on the beach - NOT*.

Day 1
After securing our rented car, we filled our gas tank and drove straight to SkyCab and Sky Bridge.

Sky Bridge

When I last came to Langkawi (that was about 15 years ago dude), this thing hasn't been built yet. I'm glad I had the opportunity to experience it this time. When we were in the cable car, the hill was still misty from the just-subsided rain, but then the view became clearer when we were on the bridge. I felt lucky to experience both the misty, mysterious view and the clear, picturesque view - both I thoroughly enjoy. Not everyday you can get two for the price of one :). In short, this place is an engineering marvel. Yes, I'm an engineer.

After filling our tummy with the overpriced Nachos (because they have to carry it all the way to the hilltop), we went back to our car and searched for our hostel called Cenang Rest House.

And we found out our hostel looked like it came straight from a psycho-killer movie. Somebody was probably murdered in one of the rooms a few days back, since the ambience was really creepy. But hey, we're adventurous like that, so we checked in anyway. Anyways. Don't ever come here, guys.

Since we missed lunch (those nachos were good, but not exactly lunch), we decided to have an early dinner around our hostel. We stumbled upon a restaurant called Sun Cafe, located at the adjacent Pantai Teluk Baru... And what a restaurant it is! The workers there were all friendly. The barracuda was out of this world. The grilled prawn on fettuccine was excellent and generously served. And their fruit juices are so good, we had to ask for a second helping! The price is on the higher side, but really worth splurging for.

Since we're not into alcoholic drinks, after dinner we went scouting for duty free items in Kuah town. My friend wanted to look for a new pair of sandal, but not much choice in terms of clothing or footwear (no difference at all compared to mainland). However, chocolates are the real bargain here. That is really no secret :)

Then we went back to our creepy hostel. My friend called it an early night, but I took an evening stroll along Cenang district. Found a nice book store and had a cup of fresh fruit juice...

Was it Mango Lassi?
Then I returned to my room to sleep :)

2 comments:

akuriderkental said...

OMG, just realized this entry today (jaw dropping)

Paksu said...

aiyooo kaaan hahahaha!