Happy New Year guys!
It's the first day of 2018. Pheew. Will you look at that? I didn't post a single thing for the entire 2017. I've started a drafting a few posts actually to share about things that happened in 2017... But they remained just that - drafts.
Sorry!
I know this sounds a lot like a new-year resolution that will only sizzle by next week, but I hope I'll blog more this year. Speaking of which, I'm not really a new-year resolution setter, but somehow recently I realized there are lots of things that I should be doing better. Honestly it's not just about becoming someone better because it's new year, but I just need to become someone better. I really do. It's just so happen that I'm realizing these towards the end of 2017.
But before that, I should capture some things that happened in 2017.
What happened in 2017?
- Attached in Singapore office for about 10 days and did a lot of sight-seeing while I was there. Finally reached Pulau Ubin, and that sub-island didn't disappoint.
- Participated in Karnival Sukan ANSARA 2017, and I played volleyball.
- Got myself a new set of Lego. It's a BMW Motorbike Technic set.
- I got Mika the Monkey as my deskmate. Got it as birthday gift, and I love it 😊.
- I went to Kuching and attended Kuching Waterfront Jazz Festival, with Sheila Majid as the highlight of the evening! Woohoo! The flight ticket, the hotel and the concert admission was a birthday gift from my sister. Love you sis!
- I went to Sandakan! In all honestly, I loved that city! It has a lot of potential. I actually started drafting about this trip, but... Well, moving on...
- I have been given the honor to become the first speaker in our company's TEDtalk club. I didn't do as well as I hoped, but I felt elated after it has finished. Somehow. And it was a big deal for me.
- My mom who has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's Disease 2 years ago, is getting more and more frail. On 30th December, she was admitted to the hospital due to low potassium. As I'm typing this, she's still warded. Not really an awesome ending to 2017, but hey life has to go on.
Quite some milestone when you think about it, right?
Now on to 2018. What do I have in my mind?
- First and foremost, I realized I haven't been reading the Quran as often as I should. Truth be told, I hardly read once a week these days. Therefore, I hope to be reading more of the holy book from now on. I know I should read it every day, but that's gonna be drastic and I don't want to be too ambitious. My target is 3-4 times a week for now.
- Other that the holy book, I'm also targeting to read one book per month. I stumbled across this list and I think by picking up some themes it's gonna help me be more consistent (I think!). Some themes that I have in mind is number 3, 16, 27 and 37 from that list.
- I'm targeting to do a solo travel. Ooooh! Even the thought of it is giving me the tingles, but in sorta good way. Right now I have a few places in my mind. But that, I'm gonna keep to myself 😁
- I need, need, need to exercise more. I love playing volleyball and have been doing that regularly, but that has stopped for some time due to some personal reasons. I need to start on that again. Other than that, I should also do my own exercise at home.
- On volunteering - yes, I hope to continue doing that also. But hopefully, not to the point that I neglect my time to rest.
- And of course, as I said earlier, I plan to blog more.
- Despite all the above, I'm gonna prioritize on my Mom. The wellbeing of my Mom shall come first, and other things can wait.
There you go! Things that happen, and things that I hope to happen!
Do you have anything planned this year?
4 comments:
salam singgah dan follow :)
http://www.akuseorangtraveler.com
I like the first determination of 2018. Make it persistent
Thanks Julia Tarmidi!
Kalo persistent, dapat hadiah tak Yuzrin? :P
Post a Comment