Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Of Hard Rock Brussels and The Black Keys

During my previous visit to Brussels in 2010, Hard Rock Cafe wasn't opened yet. So I made it a point to visit during my stopover en route to Bruges last month. Its location can not be any better; right at The Grand Market, a UNESCO World Heritage.



It was drizzling so my arrival there was very timely. As I was browsing for tees for me and my sis, the was a song being played on the telly which I've never heard before then. The mood inside the place changed suddenly. I liked it instantly, it's very catchy yet classy (or not trashy like mainstream songs these days). The bartender even mimicked the guy in the video, and danced and shuffled as if no one was looking. Some of the patrons watched his nonchalant behavior in amusement. It was an awesome time. I even waited until the song was over.

I learned later that it is Lonely Boy, from The Black Keys. Really, I'm getting more and more fond of this band.



No comments: