Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Of Spectre

So my last two entries have been exceedingly corny. Let's try to reduce the corniness level a few thousands notch OK?

Last Monday I watched the 24th James Bond movie, Spectre.



So here's what I think about Spectre:

  1. The whole movie felt rather flat. Even during the car chase, I didn't feel excited. Metrobus dgn USJ bus berlumba siapa sampai kat Bus Stop KLCC dulu, lagi exciting. To be honest, there's not a scene that I really really liked. Nothing to be really complained of, but nothing that stands out either, 
  2. Daniel Craig looked really dapper in his suit. But in a dessert in Morocco, do you really need to wear a suit? Hahaha. Of course it didn't matter in a movie, I'm just being overly-analytical.
  3. Again about suit. So on the way to the villain's lair in Morocco alone, Bond changed his suit fifty times. Did he really carry all those in that suitcase? Hahaha. Again being analytical.
  4. I like Sam Smith's song. Not really a song we can hum to, but nice nonetheless.
  5. I like Ben Whishaw as Q.
  6. I don't like this Bond Girl (Dr Swann) whose real name I don't even bother Googling.
  7. Christoph Waltz! This is the biggest crime of all. I like him so much, especially as a villain. The movie did just that. But why did he appear only for like 10 minutes? Why, why, WHY??
  8. No good guy died, unlike in Skyfall and Casino Royale (I'm assuming underneath it all, Vesper Lynd was indeed a good person).

Overall, I think the movie isn't too bad - just a bit disappointing. Having watched other spy-action/ thriller movies like Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation, Bridge Of Spies and even the comedic Spy, this movie won't make it to my top five this year.

Not like anybody cares other than me hahaha.

No comments: