Wednesday, January 09, 2019

Happy 2019!

Happy 2019!

Will you look at that. Year 2018 went by in a breeze. And of course, since it's new year, it's time to recap what we have achieved last year... And then laugh. I did make a list of things I want to achieve in 2018.

On reading Quran
I'm gonna admit - this habit was a bit seasonal. That's the bad part. There were weeks that I managed to read the Quran every day, but there was also a period of time where I didn't read for almost two weeks. I'm not proud of this. Hopefully I'll do better this year.

On reading one book per month. 
Hahaha. Next... (for the record, I only read three books last year)

On solo traveling
This didn't happen for a good reason. I have bought a flight ticket to Hanoi and supposed to travel in October. However I cancelled my intention as my mom was admitted to hospital that time. Between traveling and taking care of my mom, of course my mom comes first.

On exercising
Woohoo! Now THIS is something I can be proud of. Year 2018 I got fitter  I signed up to gym, joined a kickboxing class and continued with my volleyball. Overall, I've lost 2.2kg (ppfftt!) but considering how much I love to eat, this is OK I think. Plus I can feel that my waist is slimmer and my jawlines more apparent. Ahahaha!

On volunteering
Still happening. I was entrusted with a rather huge task last year - Additional Mathematics class. It was challenging I have to admit, but also a good opportunity for me. Not sure if I want to continue this year.

About taking care of my Mom
I can see mom is getting more fragile. In October, she has deteriorated to a bedridden stage, the stage of which I read is the final stage in Alzheimer's disease. I should be ready for the inevitable, but I'm not sure how. In fact, I don't think I'll ever be ready no matter how much mental preparation I can possibly do.

What else happened in 2018? There's one thing that I want to talk about that I feel earns a dedicated entry.

Anyhoo... Happy New Year 2019 and may this be a better year for each and every one of us!

1 comment:

akuriderkental said...

Happy travelling in April!!